ELEGANCE AND SPLENDOR
Luminos Wooden Shutters are manufactured to the highest quality and standards with a variety of colours and grain finishes for you to choose from. The shutters are available in different systems with customisation which you will only find from Luminos.
Sustainably Sourced and Strong
The Phoenix Wood (also known as Kiri Wood or “the Wood of the Future”) is used in the manufacture of our wooden shutters. It is light in weight and colour, yet it is strong, dries easily, has a beautiful grain finish and does not warp, crack or deform easily. Phoenix Wood has a natural resistance to wood borer and also adapts easily to a wide range of temperatures. Phoenix Wood has an excellent internal and external cladding for energy efficient homes.
- Wooden shutters are available for internal usage only.
- 100% solid Wood.
- This Species is not listed as endangered on the CITES appendices or on the IUCN Threatened list of Species.
- Natural repulsion to insects due to silica content.
- Available in three systems – Hinged, Bifold and Bypass.
- Beautiful frames to encase a classic shutter is available in a few designs.
- Ring pulls and flush bolts offer ease of operation.
- Available in white, painted and stained finishes with an option of custom colour.
- Two Louvre size options – 63mm and 89mm.
- Four tilt options – Centre, Clearview, Offset and Secret Tilt.
- Decorative frames available for hinged shutters.
- Option of hidden hinge for modern look.
- Can be manufactured in a variety of shapes.
- Accessories option of ring pull and flush bolts.
- Motorisation program available for hinged system.
- All components are rust resistant and robust.
- For sliding shutters, a high-quality track and ball bearing runner system guarantees smooth operation.
- Bottom rails are anodised aluminium that is available for recessed or surface mounting.
- This product is easily maintained by regular dusting or wiping down with a damp cloth.
- Resistant to Decay, Warping and Splitting.
- Fire resistant. Ignition temperature of 420 to 430°C (average hardwoods: 225 to 235°C).
- Low thermal conductivity.
- Ideal for insulation.
- When it comes to specifying a product, you may require expert advice and technical details. We have a country-wide network of expert dealers that will give you the best advice on selecting the correct window covering to achieve maximum effect in both domestic and commercial environments.
- We can offer advice on UV protection, thermal comfort as well as sound and glare reduction. We can also provide up to date information on all of our more technical fabrics and supply case studies, laboratory testing results and international certifications for production and emissions.
- Contact our head office for further information: 032 533 4750
TYPES OF SHUTTER SYSTEMS
HINGED SHUTTER SYSTEM
- The hinged shutter is suitable for small to medium sized openings. Their timeless, classic look with an option of decorative frames will enhance the value and aesthetics of any area.
- Hinged shutters can consist of one or more rectangular shutter panels which can be hinged in a variety of configurations.
- The hinged option can also be made up to suite shaped windows, it allows for ease of cleaning and is ideal for the control of light into an area.
- For coastal areas we offer the option of stainless steel hinges. Accessories for the hinged system are also available for simpler functionality.
BI-FOLD SHUTTER SYSTEM
- There are a number of bi-fold styles suitable for medium to large doors and windows. They allows you to enjoy seamless indoor/outdoor views.
- This option also creates space and can be used as a divider between areas. Bi-fold shutters can be configured to maximize usage of doors and windows.
- Bi-fold applications require the use of a top and bottom track with the option of recessing your bottom track.
- Accessories for the bi-fold system are also available for simpler functionality.
BYPASS SHUTTER SYSTEM
- The Bypass system allows you to cover large openings.
- It is an ideal way to treat sliding doors. Bypass Shutters can be configured to match your windows and doors.
- Sliding applications require the use of a top and bottom track.
- The bypass shutter can also be used as a divider separating two areas.
- Accessories for the bypass system are also available for simpler functionality.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE QUOTE